View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 09:58 PM   #303
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Or maybe at the same time hold the left accountable for fear based politicing.

We did it once when the Liberals got pounded for their whole hidden agenda troops on the street thing.
How is it fear-based politicking when we're simply pointing to his voting record and saying "this is clearly what this guy believes?" As I said earlier, I don't care if he ever goes after SSM, he clearly believes that gay and transgender people do not deserve the same rights as straight people. That is a person I fundamentally disagree with and can't stomach voting for. If you can, then good for you but I personally find it inhumane.

It's also a bit silly that some on the right seem to think that SSM is the pinnacle of the gay rights movement, so as long as that remains untouched, gay people have nothing to worry about.

I think everyone has their redline on these things. If there was a candidate that hit every economic policy you liked right on the nose, but also believed that banging 8 year-olds was morally acceptable, would you feel comfortable voting for that person as long as he said he wouldn't consider lowering the age of consent? I realize it's an extreme comparison but I take inequality and discrimination pretty damn seriously.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote