View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #284
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To Trudeau's credit, he came out in Italy yesterday

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trude...-b-c-1.3435162

Quote:
The decision we took on the Trans Mountain pipeline was based on facts and evidence on what is in the best interests of Canadians and indeed, all of Canada," Trudeau said Tuesday in Rome, where he held a joint news conference with Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni. "Regardless of the change in government in British Columbia or anywhere, the facts and evidence do not change," he said.
Was it a strong statement? Absolutely not, however I'm not sure what he could have said at this point. The first shot in this jurisdictional war is going to have to be fired by BC after the Liberal Minority falls.

I mean some of us would have hoped that Trudeau would have said "Provinces have no say in the transportation of provincial goods across the country, so stay out of my lettuce patch, if you smell what the Just is cooking"

But he doesn't know if Kinder Morgan is going to be challenged, though its likely if we do see a NDP Green coalition government that they'll run off to file in court faster then you and I can say "Beachwatch is a bad movie"

However where it gets difficult is that no matter what Justin does if he takes action he's going to lose voter share. Side with BC and he writes Alberta off and probably Saskatchewan off as well. Side with the Pipelines and he loses BC and he also loses the environmental yogurt eaters.

But if he does nothing and pushes this issue past 2019, its probably the smart political move for him.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote