View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #447
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I wouldn't say it's BS. Definitely exaggerated as Winsor_Pilates mentioned though.

That couple essentially says they saved up 1 million and decided to travel the world. Their main keys were making sure they didn't have too much debt due to a house as well as schooling and being diligent in saving their money vs spending it. They aren't selling a "retire by 30s" story, they're saying, "Being eyeballs deep in debt and stressed sucks. Don't feel bad in contemplating this alternative." (Less debt and less stress). I don't agree with some of their examples and exaggerating, but their ideas of net worth preservation by not taking on debt seems reasonable to me.

MMM is much more BS though. He sells early retirement but pulls the wool over people's eyes by ignoring the fact he has a major money making website. He tries to claim all of his success is purely due to his frugality while working and frugality in general.
Oh, crap? Is that all I have to do? Save up a million? Well I've been doing this all wrong, I should have just saved the million that showed up on my door one day rather than paying for things like food and shelter.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: