Thread: 2017 NHL Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #455
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Depends on the value of the pick to other teams. I can see the Flames trade down for sure, recouping traded picks. But then again, I don't think the Flames can afford to no have a pick in the first three rounds in any draft. Believe it or not, the team is still rebuilding.

So if that pick is traded, they're going to have get some other pick in the 2ND and 3rd rounds.
You are right, we kind of do need a pick in the first round, not helping one this year will hurt the rebuild.

I was listening to the Fan 960 yesterday and they had Eric Duhatschek on and they were talking about the goalie situations for Calgary and Eric Duhatschek said that the Pens may keep Fleury and trade Murray because they have Tristan Jarry and the Pens can develop him, while Fleury play's most of the games and they can get a king's ransom for Murray. Eric Duhatschek said they could likely get 1st round pick + Sam Bennett for Murray(I don't like that trade, they are going to put Sam Bennett on Crosby's wing and Sam is going to score a #### load of points.) Eric Duhatschek also said that the Flames should go after Cory Schneider becuase "Cory Schneider maybe the best goaltender that is available"(because the Devils maybe couple of years from contending) but he would also cost 1st round pick and Sam Benett(don't know why.) So I think that 1st round pick is being moved.

Last edited by Par; 05-17-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Par is offline   Reply With Quote