View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #1618
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I'm not a big fan of trudeau, but it's pretty ignorant for anyone to blame trudeau for not getting anything done.
how was the government supposed to know in advance what trump was going to do, if anything? trump doesn't even seem to know from hour to hour.
now that we know what the trump government is doing, I'm assuming the Liberal team is doing their job out of the public limelight to deal with this issue.
We don't need Trudeau blustering in front of cameras or sending stupid tweets. leave that to trump, and let's see what Canada does as a measured response.
I'm assuming that Trudeau knew this was coming based on a phone call between him and Trump a couple of days ago.

Trump is going to hit Canada with both barrels on this one.

He's basically going after our manufacturing segment, he wants the entire North American Auto sector based in the States as well as any manufacturing jobs that he can scoop up.

On top of that he's going to really start going after the NATO nations in terms of defense funding so he's going to target Canada on their low defense spending.

Relations have been best classified as ignored on both sides for year, I've always said that the its a marriage of convenience and right now its convenient for the US to go after Canada in terms of trade, because it should be a pretty easy knockout blow for Trump and he can hold a victory like that over other nations.

As much as we expected this softwood blowup to happen again because its one of the more heavily subsidized industries in Canada, the Dairy sector targeting was probably pretty unwelcomed here.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!