View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #335
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Does it piss you off because it's not true?

Bishop was traded a few days before the deadline. It isn't like it was the Lightning only had 20 left to fax the trade in. So the deadline threat is BS

Yzerman also came out and said there were no other offers on the table, or not better offers.

I have no doubt the Flames kicked tires, but this is utter bullshi-

Based on how Treliving negotiates, I can't see this rumour coming from him. It isn't his style to negotiate publically, and letting rumous like this spread are inconsistent with his approach. Further, a rumour like this makes his job more difficult anyways as it affects the reputation of the team.

So while I think you should be pissed off, I don't think it should be at King, it should instead be because of a rumour that has a lot of questionable details.
On top of this, Brian Burke spoke just after the trade deadline about goalies. He stated that the Flames did in fact kick tires on a few goalies, but with Elliott doing so well, they basically stopped doing so.

I won't say that Daredevil is making anything up - in fact, I bet that is exactly what he heard from his legitimate source. It is just a fact that sources are often wrong as well. Given how little Bishop went for, and Yzerman stating that it was the best offer and that Bishop didn't generate much interest, I would believe Burke on this one this time.