View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #134
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I'd much rather Scott Darling over Ben Bishop.

He may not have experience as a starter, but he'll come at half the price and has better career numbers than Bishop. About 1/3 of the games played of course, which changes how you have to consider those stats, but he's also the same size as Bishop and plays the position with more athleticism. 2 years younger as well.

He could be Talbot 2.0, certainly. Grubauer is interesting too, only 25, numbers right behind that of Matt Murray.

Otherwise I'd be interested in getting Lehner out of Buffalo. Some drama there, bad situation, RFA, young (25), and impressive numbers considering the team, could be a great fit for the Flames.

Bishop might be better than all of these guys, but I don't see him being much better. If Bishop took a 1-2 year deal, or came in at less than 5m, then you take that risk. Otherwise I fear you're paying way too much for too little. We can get a big upgrade for near the same-price as Elliott, maybe up to 3.5m, but we certainly don't need to spend the extra 2-3m above that for a guy who was nominated for a Vezina on a great team.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: