View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #270
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

George Johnson interview with Treliving: https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/trel...18/c-288977518

Quote:
"Today,'' he reports, "there was lots of mad. You need to work through that. Glen (Gulutzan) and I locked ourselves in a room and talked over everything.

"You lose and it's like a funeral, right? You cry, then you think of a few good stories and you laugh. Then you remember what's happened and you cry again and throw something at the wall."

There are number of issues to be addressed as the organization begins planning and plotting for September, with an eye to qualifying for the Elite 8 again and burrowing further into April, early May and hopefully further.

First and foremost, the future of the general manager, without a contract heading into the 2017-2018 campaign.

"Tomorrow,'' Treliving says, "is a players' day. Next week we'll think about my situation.

"Look, I love this team. And this sounds so goofy but I haven't really spent a whole lot of time thinking about me. Honestly.

"You're so invested in what's happening the last eight days. Until that thing" - Ryan Getzlaf's goal with 6.7 seconds left to seal the deal, and the series, for Anaheim - "went into the empty net, our focus was tying it up, winning the game, getting back on a plane and all that.

"There are two sides to this, we all get to talk and see where we go.

"It's like my taxes. I don't do my taxes until the day before I have to file them."
Doesn't seem like a guy who's polishing his resume.