View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #504
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
As they should, because they were too cheap to keep upping the reward and they royally effed it up. But my thing is someone had to get bumped. Everyone has jobs, families, duties they're going home to, it's really hard to quantify the "I need to be back home more than this person or that person." You should plan for all kinds of delays when you travel, I was at SFO when a lady was screaming at the ticket booth because her flight to Honolulu was cancelled for her daughter's wedding the next day. She was irate, and the reason the flight was cancelled was because they couldn't fix the nav system on the plane and they didn't have one in reserve. It's technically the airlines problem because its their plane but she obviously should have left herself some room for error. This stuff happens ALL THE TIME in air travel.

EDIT: and for Jayswin, I'm not saying that you should always leave a day, when I book flights I assume I'll be there the day of and I fly home the day before going to work all the time. But I do that with the knowledge that if something happened to delay me I wouldn't miss anything imperative. My example of the lady screaming at the SFO ticket counter would be an example of someone who should have booked with some better foresight.
Yeah...the 4 airline employees who were taking the seats.

You say you don't buy the doctor having to be back to see patients in the morning.

Then Im not buying that those 4 had to be in Louisville that night. Or they could have flown 4 different ones in from somewhere else.

To sit and say that those 4 were more important than the doctor is doing the exact same thing you complained about with the doctor. Nice double standards.

And Im sorry...but if i buy a ticket on a flight and i show up, am boarded, and sitting in my seat...your goddamn right I have a right at that point to get where im going..... on that plane. Unless I am intoxicated or preventing that plane from flying by my actions, they can suck an egg and I think any lawyer would back that up.

500+Million dollars in lost cap value....because they needed to treat their customers like crap instead of finding another crew or a way to get that crew to Kentucky.

Well done United, you have earned every bit of it.