View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #620
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBates View Post
This is the kind of blind police worship I just cannot comprehend. You are prepared to excuse the deliberate careless driving of a police officer in this scenario on the speculation of "maybe you were tailgating to begin with".

If he was tailgating, why pray-tell would the officer not enforce the law, conduct a traffic stop in an orderly and safe manner and issue a ticket for following too close along with some well advised education on why that is unsafe?

Instead, he slams on his brakes which is itself road-rage type careless driving and you find no fault in that? Astonishing.

Calgaryblood should file a complaint against the officer for endangering lives on the road (what if he was tailgating and not paying enough attention and slammed into the rear of the police car during the brilliant and totally illegal 'brake check' maneuver?) and then defend the ticket on the basis of entrapment and abuse of process.

The phrase "two wrongs don't make a right" applies and all, but he never claimed he was in the "right" and still people are prepared to criticize only one of the "wrongs" since one of them was done by a police officer. Why?!
you mean if what he says is true, he should file a complaint. don't go off on the police and myself when you don't know the story. none of us do.
not saying I refuse to ever find fault in the actions of police, but to be blunt I don't feel the OP is telling the whole truth. (not that he has to, on a hockey message board)

how do you know the OP was telling the complete truth? maybe he was bending the story a bit to make himself the victim. maybe it is the unvarnished truth.

all we know is the OP admits to driving like a jerk and cutting the cop off. anything else is idle speculation. from you and me. I think you're way off the mark in this case of accusing me of blind devotion to the police.

Last edited by GordonBlue; 04-06-2017 at 10:59 AM.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote