View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #236
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

can't see the Netherlands getting back to form any time soon. In addition to the poor results, it seems they have problems behind the scenes too.

Quote:
Holland captain Arjen Robben believes he and experienced team-mate Wesley Sneijder should be given a role in helping to find a replacement for former national team coach Danny Blind, who was sacked at the weekend.

'We have been in the team for the last 14 years and have told the KNVB (Dutch football association) that we want to be part of the process,' the Bayern Munich winger told reporters after a 2-1 friendly defeat by Italy in Amsterdam on Tuesday.

'We have built up the right experience with coaches over the years and we know what this squad needs and we think we also have a good idea who would fit in with the group.'

[...]

'I am the first point of contact between the association and the players. I have no plans to stop. That's why Wesley and I want to be involved in the process,' he told Dutch NOS television. 'I would have Van Gaal high on my list but it is too early to start mentioning specific names.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-new-boss.html

what the actual heck. Robben is a great player, but who does he think he is? Demanding involvement in the hiring of a new coach and throwing around names in the media ... that's some shocking "leadership" right there.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote