View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #210
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaFlame View Post
USA Hockey currently lists 622,883 registered members. Even if they wanted to cover the $1.4 million entirely through increased fees they would need to increase them by a whopping $2.25. I need to register with USA Hockey to play in the local beer league and my annual membership fee is $40. They could easily raise it to $45 and I wouldn't bat an eye, I doubt any one would. I'm sure they won't even need to do that as they could find the money somewhere else, but my point is $1.4 million isn't really that much to this organization
I get that, but at the same time, suddenly the woman's team salary is double that of development in youth and junior hockey and in terms of hockey related expenses becomes one of the bigger expenses on the books.

Let me put this another way the consolidated payroll for the entire hockey USA last year was just slightly above a million dollars.

Now your adding another 1.4 million dollars.

In terms of national team development hockey USA spent 4 million now you have to add 1.4 million to that just for the woman's hockey team.

The question is going to be after this Olympics. Is it worth it, is the profile of the sport improving. And do we basically pay the girls players half of the national team development budget.

I would expect that the question of keeping woman's hockey in the olympics is going to be debated if this is another Godzilla and Mothra versus Bambi tournament, especially now that the woman are for a lack of better words professionals.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote