View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #296
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Thor, we are going to have to agree to disagree on how great Nuclear Power is. I used to be an advocate of all types of energy however I cannot support Nuclear Power.

I side with the former Prime Minister of Japan. The only safe Nuclear Power plant is no nuclear power plant. He may have a bit more experience with Nuclear Power than we do. See the below video and FF to 9:50 if you want to see his opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_U71XZq4Ws
So let me get this straight. There are 92 nuclear power plants in the US, generating 20% of our energy needs, and there has been one incident of note. That makes nuclear power unsafe? Seems like another over-reaction.

You haven't even thought about different types of reactors and how they could be used. A molten salt reactor has many benefits and doesn't have the meltdown issues associated with the currently implemented technology. This reactor is actually the safest for our needs and could be built on scale to meet community needs. Best of all, these reactors actually use the waste from the current crop, and don't produce plutonium as a biproduct. A perfect solution that has been held back by the many powerful lobbies in Washington, including the fossil fuel lobby.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: