View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #275
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

On somewhat of a sadistic level, I can't help but laugh at how Russia really managed to influence the presidential election so perfectly. The world hasn't seen that kind of power play among major foreign powers in a long time. Sure, countries like the UK, France, U.S., China, and Russia actively interfere in the leadership transitions of little 3rd world counties, but for Russia to do it to America, that is some real showmanship there.

Does Russia now win the Cold War that everyone thought was over by exposing the American democratic system as so flawed that it may never recuperate? That could lead to a Russian back revolution among Trump supporters.

It's what the Russians always preached in the Soviet days; one day capitalism would destroy America. Trump is the pinnacle of capitalism and by putting him in power acts as a huge catalyst for speeding up that collapse. You give them such an astronomically terrible leader after a good one, that the system can't adjust quickly enough. Considering the growing dysfunction between the president, the courts and executive branch, I can't help but think that it is happening right now.

That's some serious villain stuff there that they (Russia) would bide their time for almost 30 years to come up with a political A-bomb like that.

To quote Negan, Russia just forced itself down America's throat, and Trump supporters are thanking him for it.

As a citizen of a neighboring bystander country, I don't like the notion of growing Russian influence into our continental politics. We might as well say goodbye to Canada's sovereignty of the north if that happens.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 03-28-2017 at 10:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post: