View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #13
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Where is the free downtown parking? I would like to park there.

How many other people were parked there when you decided to park?

Also I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, but regardless if you saw a sign or not it should be common sense that you were going to get a ticket for either not paying or illegal parking.

I would just pay the ticket and chalk it up to losing to the house.
There's a bunch on 13th ave behind hotel arts. There's some on 2nd street near the PARK building (they haven't put up signs yet after construction, though sometimes they have some temporary signs). I guess it's beltline moreso than DT. There used to be some in DT as well but they seem to have corrected it. There's a block around the new smith building (6th st, 15th ave) that doesn't have signs yet either.

There were about 8 other cars. 5 of them were in the red highlighted portion, which IMO is 100% no parking. 3 of them were in the same segment that I was in, where there isn't a sign.

Quote:
Are SAIT grounds private property, where they can make their own parking rules?
Yes, but they still have to tell everyone about the rules no?

Quote:
It's tough to tell, but how wide is it? Is there a curb lane you parked in, or were you basically parked in the road? Not that it matters much as I don't think you have a case.
That image is from some time gone by, but it's a standard sidewalk/curb. The entire road is wide enough for a 4 lane (2 each direction) road, but no markings to denote it as such.

Quote:
So you basically just admitted that you knew you were in the wrong. Just pay the ticket and move on.
My question is not around morality. It's around whether my understanding of parking signage is just wrong.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post: