View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #93
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm usually not one to defend our players when they do crap, and Tkachuk is certainly a player who I'd expect to do some things that warrant suspension. That said, maybe my Flames goggles have got on really tight today, but from the replays I saw (maybe I missed a better angle in the thread) I can't even tell if the elbow hit Doughty.

Again, maybe it's my Flames homer ism, but this incident doesn't even rank that high on my Tkachuk should have been suspended list. I'm not even convinced he elbowed him on purpose (if he did elbow him). To me it looked like a play that happens multiple times a game where the player about to go into the boards almost throws himself backwards to bounce off the player coming in behind him (maybe that should be interference every time mind you). Not even sure it was an intentional attempt to injure versus he just caught him wrong.

All that said, if he did catch him with the elbow, I have no issue with the league dolling out a minor suspension, as any head contact is what they are looking to get out of the game, and at the very least, Tkachuk needs to be in control of what he's doing.