View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #124
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Drones can't "spy", they're loud and anyone who claims this is looking for attention.

Even at 100 meters, you can clearly hear the drone. If someone wanted to use a camera to "spy" on people there are a lot better ways to do it than something as loud and noticeable as a drone.

Should we ban cameras too because someone might spy on someone? These laws are absurd because they make no sense. If safety is the number one issue we might as well ban cars because a lot more idiots get behind the wheel of a piece of metal that weighs a tonne than get behind a controller of a drone.
so you're saying it's ok for some perv to fly his drone low over someone's backyard and stare at their breasts? someone should have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their own fenced yard.

I used my friend as an example of how some people ruin a hobby for the vast majority. I don't know why you take offense to the idea that some people use their drone is socially unacceptable ways.

not just improper peeping, but interfering with fire teams, emergency rescues and plane flight. I'm sure it's the vast minority, but it happens on a regular enough basis that people take issue with drones because of it.

that's probably why the new rules have overreacted, too.

I like your car example. did you know there are laws and regulations about how and where you can use your car? it's not the wild west out there on the road. but you also use the camera example, too. No matter if it's a drone or a camera, if you invade a persons privacy it's going to tick them off.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote