View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #288
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are numerous problems with the Juolevi pick if you are a Nucks fan. Your team is yearning for something to get excited about but then you bypass the best player available, a player who just scored 40pts in 18 playoff games. Who scored the game winning memorial cup goal while being extremely clutch the entire playoffs. Your team picks a vanilla D man whose stock rose greatly in large thanks to him playing on insanely good teams. This isn't me trying to knock Juolevi but if you take a Dman in the top 5 you are looking to draft a dynamic looking Dman. Juolevi is boring, he's safe, but his potential now seems to be below other Dmen in the draft. That was another problem, there was no evidence to really suggest Juolevi was superior to Serg or to Chycrun. Now you can put McAvoy as a player I would rather have. Dman are hard to project and when you have a player like Tkachuk on the board that risk is not worth taking. I think it's absurd that the Canucks never even considered drafting Tkachuk and shows really poor scouting on their part. Burke and the Flames knew the Nucks weren't taking Tkachuk and that does not look good. Tkachuk has even said the Canucks didn't seem at all interested in their interview, if I was a Canuck fan this would worry me.

Last edited by Beninho; 03-08-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post: