View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #972
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really don't like that he got beat up again. It's just another ugly thing piled on a horrible pile of ugly crap. The way I see it is four guys in Calgary now have assault charges to deal with and a few more years to serve and another strike against them for life. One of them is 20 years old and no doubt has a bunch of 20 year old buddies who think he's the man and can't wait to get their chance as street judicial official.

Now there will likely be a few guys in Edmonton who will get charged maybe even with attempted murder and lose another decade of their lives. Then there are the people who have to clean up the mess. This might be the one time, the one incident that causes nightmares for the rest of some poor sot's life. Garland's eyeball hanging out in a pool of blood on the prison floor is not something I'd want too deal with every time I get a decent rem sleep going.

And now we're out another 10-50k in medical bills for the guy, a few extra million to keep the guy safe for the next twenty years, And for what? I know exactly what it's for. I had the chance to confront a guy who assaulted me and changed the course of every last second of my life until the day I die. And it's not fun. I had lawyers promise me he would get what's coming to him in jail. And it made me sick. I hated hearing that. I don't want any of that because it just makes life ugly. I'm better off never thinking about these people. I hope he lives peacefully somewhere no one ever has to see him again. That's the best case scenario here.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: