View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #86
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I think the easiest way to get some traction with this is to have a dedicated section where people like myself who want to sing, chant, drum, use moose calls, etc can stand together and do so without fear or getting yelled at or having beer thrown at them.

Ideally somewhere like the top 10 rows of 204-205 or something, but I imagine press level would be more palatable to Flames management. Charge reasonable ticket prices and let people do their thing. You know, actually having fun at games instead of spending the game watching it on their smartphone. And it would be the responsibility of the supporters to do this while being respectful of other patrons at the same time.

In fact, the Senators started something similar a few years ago called Red Scarf Union. This is EXACTLY what the Flames need to do if they want to get some atmosphere back at the Saddledome.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/tickets...porter-section
This is what Europe does well - whether it's Hockey or Soccer.

The supporters sections generates most of the noise and chants. The rest of the fans can then chime in and join in if they want but it all starts in the supporters sections.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: