View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I wanted to bump this because its a interesting discussion to me.

They've added a couple of seasons and to me Tyfa is frightening and we're seeing some of the worst things with a few bright lights

Some of the coaches have switched teams but are still coaching.

Even though they introduced Safe Contact with USA football a couple of years back, its clear that the coaches haven't been force to learn it. I was horrified to see a long time coach telling kids that to tackle you need to get your helmet under their chin, wrap them and drive through. I had a flashback to my playing days when my coach used to tell me to put my helmet in the middle of their chest and leave a smoking hole.

All of these coaches have severe dysfunction. The Outlaws which feature two veteran coaches in Marcus and Fred Davis are constantly screaming at themselves on the sidelines. In the last episode I watched. the Outlaws won state but there was a really ugly altercation between the two coaching staffs that was really embarrassing to watch.

These coaches all say the same thing. We're doing this for the kids. We're trying to show them how to live life. But in every game its all about the coaches and not the kids. And the amount of trash talking is tremendous between the coaches.

If there are any refs here that feel abused, in Texas football its X1000.

The parents are the worst. There was almost a brawl between two groups of parents because of the smack talking and BS going on to the point that the teams president almost quit.

Its really interesting to contrast the two styles of coaching

1) Safe contact

Canada - As of this year as a coach if you don't have the Heads up/safe contact certification. You can't step on the field, and you can't coach

Texas - They certainly don't teach it.

Canada - Safe Contact has to be taught in every practice. Also practices have gone to pretty low contact. Things like the Pit, and King of the Pit, and tackling during scrimmage are gone here.

Texas - Pit every days. full contact and tackling in scrimmage . Safe tackling is not taught.

Coaches conduct

Canada - We're encouraged not to swear around the kids or use overly violent terminolgy. Telling a kid to go out and dominate another kid is ok. Telling a kid to go out and murder or kill another kid is unacceptable. Terminology like kill shot for example isn't tolerated.

Texas - Ok kids we want you to go out there and show some aggression and punch that other team in the f'in face. Well you get the point

Parents -

Both horrible in terms of smack talking and other BS.

Finally tactics and strategy.

Texas - These kids do know football especially the QB's. This allows the offensive and defensive coordinators to do more playcalling on the fly without practicing a play. That was really cool to actually watch.

Canada - At that level which would be pretty much PeeWee the play callling is pretty simple and you have between 5 and 10 plays that your players can execute and you do it constantly. At the Bantam level you can get playbooks with over 100 offensive plays and multiple formations. But god forbid you change something on the fly.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote