View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #218
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
I caved and gave cellphoneman.ca a try, and it went perfectly smooth. No issues at all, it's not just instructions that he provides, but he handles the whole cut-over himself, and you don't have to pay him until it's completed. The $100 I paid him for, will easily pay itself off in less than 2 months.

I suspect that he works for, or has access to the Koodo back end. In texting with him, he mentioned "We put internal notes on each account so your plans doesn't get taken away no matter if you call in or visit a store".

So if you're someone that's still trying, or wanting to switch to this plan, and don't want to do any of the manual hassle, I'd definitely recommend Cellphoneman.ca.
I used him for my switch over. He needed my password to access my account online, so I doubt he works for Koodo. Also my phone number switched to a Quebec number for a few days, which is also consistent with him just doing it manually like I did with my son's account a while ago.

So it does save you having to do the work yourself. However there are a few things you have to setup properly, so it isn't 100% seamless. If I had another phone to do, I'd just do it myself.

It is worth noting that if you want to do this now with Quebec plans, there is a 6 GB plan for $49 right now, and an 8 GB plan for $56.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote