View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #1054
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Melissa McBride is an excellent actor. It's just that the character she is playing is incredibly frustrating to viewers and far more developed and layered than the show itself.

The same sort of thing happened with Anna Gunn in Breaking Bad. Everyone accused her of being terrible, but it was the character they hated (which they projected onto the person).
This.

She's operating on a level beyond the rest of the show, which is littered with one dimensional characters. The range she demonstrates between "nice fellow townswoman" Carol and "apocalypse" Carol is beyond anything the rest of the cast seems capable of, aside from Rick/Negan who are able to flip switches when scenes require it too. 5 minutes on screen and she manages to go from an emotionless Carol telling the kingdom to leave her alone, to shedding tears in her exchange with Daryl.

She may frustrate the fan boys that want to see everyone suit up and shoot/stab each other but she's doing the character justice and a big part of why I have managed to stay tuned in this long.

Yeah Anna Gunn was on par with Cranston through BB, lol part of why I and others despised her character. I think that's far better than being indifferent to the character.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post: