View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #12
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
I've now been an offical for 15 years. I have seen plenty and commend what these refs did. I promise you that this is making its rounds in the reffing community Alberta and it's not looking to pleasant. I would like to feel as though our zone would support our decision on this.

People feel as though just because it's a sporting event that what they say does not matter. Death threats are a constant to not only me as an official, but to the KIDS on the ice. In the end it's the KIDS that suffer. If this means we go drastic and no one is allowed in the arena while a game is going on to set a precident, then i'm all for it. This is sickening what has become of our sport.

We as officials have to hold ourselves in such a high mannor to show our love for the game. It would be nice to see those parents, coaches and players heald to the same respect.
I will say that it appears that respect across the board is gone.

I find that refs are unwilling to even engage in a dialogue with a coach, and by dialogue I don't mean yelling, I don't mean the coaching standing on the bench and talking down to the ref.

I mean a discussion about the game or call. To my mind the ref's main job in minor hockey that is of player safety. I don't care if they miss an off side call, but if you have players being hit into the boards or icing being waived off because "they were in a foot race" there needs to be a discussion on why. These types of missed calls result in injuries or retaliations which an cause injuries.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: