View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 10:09 AM   #1237
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
no doubt. With his body language over the last weeks or even months, I wouldn't have blamed Bilic if he had decided to staple him to the bench. Totally unprofessional behaviour, he's let the team down in many ways.

Fonte and Snodgrass are really good PL proven players though. West Ham have come out of this okay-ish, I'd say.
I think that there is another side to this though. They moved to this new stadium and made all kinds of promises that this would vault them to the next level and they were going to bring in top class talent. Instead they brought in a number of players on loan, and effectively added no one for Payet to play with. Then the club literally goes begging for more loan players to start this window. What happened to the "world class" club they had supposedly become? It's hard to say that WHU held up their end of the deal here, and that has to impact the disillusionment of Payet.

Add to that that he isn't leaving for another PL club, and is probably taking a pay cut to get back to France. He has a family and probably just had a hard time in London from a personal perspective.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote