View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can use all the app's functionality on a computer if you go to alexa.amazon.com. It doesn't work on mobile browsers though.

For shopping lists, you can use IFTTT to push your echo list to a specific iOS reminders list. I have an IFTTT applet that pushes to a iOS reminders list which is synced to a shopping list app called AnyList. It's nice because it's synced to the wife's phone as well. It's not immediate and some times you have to run the IFTTT applet manually to get it to sync but the ability to say 'Add olive oil to the shopping list' as you are using the last drop while in the middle of cooking makes the Echo worth every penny. I plan on using Tasker to open my shopping list automatically when Location Services notices I am at the grocery store. Will have to play around with that next.

Apple music is a no go unfortunately. In Canada your only option is Spotify. I did set up using a Jriver media player to use my iTunes library and enabled a Skill to allow voice control of Jriver on my HTPC. I then used AirFoil to link a Chromecast and some bluetooth speakers around the house for a poor man's voice controlled Sonos setup.

Last edited by Barnes; 01-25-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post: