View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 02:39 AM   #23
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I am in awe with some of the posts here and this has really opened up my eyes in a lot of ways.

I wish you and your family all the best during this devastating. I can't really offer much in the way of advice but here is a minor thing I remember when my grandfather passed away when I was young. After he passed away I remember writing in my little journal what had occurred even though I wasn't FULLY grasping the situation. I ended my post with "I hope grandpa is ok" I showed it to my mom and she kind of got a little upset/emotional with a "He isn't ok, he's gone!" I don't think it was anything major looking at it now, but when I was young it kind of startled me a bit. I am 32 now and I still vividly remember it. When it comes to little ones I guess the best thing is to tread carefully, acknowledge what happened but just be aware that certain things aren't being comprehended. In your case your little ones are VERY young but best of luck.

Just reading this thread has given me a new found appreciation for the little things that everybody is guilty of ignoring sometimes. I am going to try and improve on the little things so that we can all cherish the time we have with family because you never know when it might bite you in the ass.

My parents were never sports fans or anything so I don't have much in the way of Flames hockey memories with them but I think I might take a little break from the Flames. Looking back I have been a really dedicated fan but sometimes I am a little too emotionally invested and I know I am dedicated time wise as well so maybe I should tone it down a bit and try and spend more QUALITY time with my parents. We literally see each other daily but it would help if it was top notch time.

All the best going forward
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote