View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #1116
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Mike Wilner ‏@Wilnerness590
Atkins: "If this winds up being a three-year deal, we'll both be elated." #Bluejays #Jays

Atkins: "We're excited for Jose as a right fielder. Most likely, we'll see him in RF the bulk of our games." #Bluejays #Jays

Atkins: "We have to figure out a way to win more games - there's a picturesque way to do it, with big names, we'll consider all." #Bluejays

Atkins: Clear need to add to our bullpen, clear need for a back-up catcher, if there are upgrades. May be a trade or FA fit. #Bluejays #Jays

Atkins adds Ceciliani and Pompey to the LF mix when it's suggested that Pearce, Zeke and Upton are his options there. #Bluejays #Jays
I can't see this being a 3 years deal either way. Atkins has to say that. If Bautista has a great year (which I think he will becomes he loves playing angry), he's going to back out. If he bats .250 and hits 20 homeruns again while being somewhat of a liability in the field, the Jays aren't going to pay him 18M.

Jose, albeit a very good one, is a stop gap for the Jays. They missed out on Fowler and couldn't get a trade done on a few other guys which is I suspect is due to the Jays unwillingness to include Stroman. I don't think the Jays or Jose had any intention of continuing their relationship past last year until circumstances required it.

We've already upgraded our backup catcher from last year even if we do nothing. Thole was useless. If the Jays just go with Jiminez they are already ahead of the game.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 01-19-2017 at 09:51 AM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote