View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #1105
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Another insightful baseball comment or thought or analysis!

Seriously in 10 pages you haven't made 1 contribution to this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Do you ever actually post anything of substance or do you just drop with your one liners? I think Jason14th is still waiting for an answer from you.

While it's obvious the FX rate does effect the Jays to an extent, It's nowhere near as bad as simply looking at the FX rate of the day. Their tickets are around fifth highest in the league even once converted to USD and the average price of attending a game at Rogers Center is 4th once again once converted. The Jays charge a significant premium to their fans ( and justifiably so) which compensates for difference in FX.

It's pretty simple, the Jays are making more on game day even than around 80% of the league even once converting their revenue to USD.

Not sure how that makes Rogers look bad? I don't think I've heard Rogers complain about the exchange rates. It's just not a good argument for fans to say that is why the Jays can't spend as much because it's simply not the major contributing factors. Jays fans pay a premium for tickets, concessions, merchandise over their US counterparts that helps make up for that.
You two are pathetic. You both clearly share a brain or an account or something because you both have the same skewed perspective. And sorry it took time to reply, I don't spend all day on here crying that things haven't worked out like I'd hoped like the two of you.

And you marginalizing the effect of the exchange rate is just pathetic. If the Jays actually had a good exchange rate, they might be able to have the funds to compete with the big market clubs in the US right now. Also Jiri is 100% right, the problem is MLB and their lack of interest in reducing the disparity between the big and small market clubs.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote