View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #208
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
In elementary there was a movie for the safety patrols - the theater was downtown and me and my friend were allowed to make the trip from Willow Park to downtown by ourselves. Think we took a couple of buses - using the old transfer ticket which was a piece of paper rippeed off at the expiration time
My buddy and I were in grade 5 when we took public transit downtown by ourselves for the first time, to watch a double-feature of Watership Down and Lord of the Rings at the Grande Theatre. There's no reason not to let kids do that today. I plan on teaching my kids to use public transit by themselves to go the mall, movies, etc. in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
This is going to sound very 'Old man yelling at clouds' and I might be in the minority, but i think corporal punishment within reason is still acceptable. I'm not old by any stretch, but I see a alot of kids and even 'adults' in their 20s nowadays that should have gotten a good smacking a few times in their lives.
Given the fact corporal punishment is still the norm among most immigrant groups to Canada, I guess we'll find out if it results in a generation of monsters. I doubt it.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote