Old 01-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #302
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamescuprun2018 View Post
Completely agree.

Source: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...c/Calgary.html

The way things are consistently projecting 94 points gets 3rd in Pacific. 92 points gets second wildcard and 88 points gets last wildcard spot (where we sit currently). This might increase a little as the race heats up but the wildcard spots are going to be much lower than 96 points.
I will punch you in the taint if you bring sportsclubstats into this thread again. Punch you in the taint!

The snake has nothing to do with the actual standings, or percent chance you'll make the playoffs. I enjoy sportsclubstats, and I go to their website every day. 96 was chosen as a specific number. 96 points represents the total points needed to guarantee yourself a playoff spot. If you hit 96 points, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, as you'll be in. No Western Conference team has achieved 96 points and missed the playoffs. Multiple Western Conference teams have achieved 95 points and missed the playoffs. The Flames still can make the playoffs without getting 96 points, but they will need help from other teams. This may well be one of those years. That said, none of what other teams are doing are relative to the snake. As long as you focus on your own team, and achieving 96 points, you'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Getting 54 points in 43 games is going to be a TOUGH slog. It'll take something like a 25-14-4 record.
54 points in 43 games is 1.256 PPG. 96 points in 82 games is 1.171 PPG. Due to the bad start, but mitigated by their play over the last 23 games, the red snake needs .085 PPG more than the black line's pace.

1.171 PPG over the last 43 games is 50 points. So the Flames need an extra 4 points over the last 43 games in order to hit 96. That seems doable to me. Their pace in the last 23 games is 1.348 PPG. Their schedule, as discussed in post #292, is favourable for the next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I think this illustrates it's not going to take 96 points to make the playoffs given we currently occupy a spot.
That's not the point of a 96 point snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: