View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #1419
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I took some time over the holidays to run two of my 10 characters through the last expansion with is Knights of the Eternal throne.

There are lots of spoilers here so I'll spoiler tag them.

In terms of story line I thought it was amazingly well written, there were basically 9 chapters. Overall it took me about 12 hours of game play to run them through.

Spoiler!

Thats the story. the game play itself was actually a sharp improvement you also got to do things like control a maintenance droid and take command of a walker during the invasions of Voss and the defense of your base.

The engine has undergone some really strong graphical improvements and nowhere was it clearer then on the new worlds. Also the characters faces were sharply improved.

In terms of outside of the story game play the crystals that you used to upgrade your armor and weapons are gone. Everything is done through command boxes that you gain by gathering command points. This means that the game is a bit grindier as you have to participate in flashpoints, heroic missions, Galactic starfighter missions and the new Uprisings. Also it means that the contents of the box can be somewhat random which can be frustrating.

I don't know where this game can go storywise, the main villain the Emperor is clearly dead and you are either the Emperor or the head of a peacekeeping fleet. I guess the next story line will be a war between the Sith and Republic with you as a third faction.

But I really enjoyed it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote