View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #72
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Well said, in the end NO capitalist can be trusted, and that's the downfall of all of this. If I were a business owner, I would argue that profiteering is my right (and it is), and will bump as much as the market will bear, while shuffling off the blame to the government, its a perfect scheme.

As a consumer, I hate it, I have no options in my line of (*gasp* union employment, trigger alert) work as a Paramedic to reduce my primary consumption of fuel for my vehicle, the nature of scheduling and staffing don't just allow you to "live closer to work", nor utilize transit (not permitted). So this will directly "punish" me for having commutes of 4km (yes, I bike that in the summer) to 150km to work depending on my assignment.

As an aside, I also don't see any initiative by the government to reduce our consumption of fuel in my line of work, we still spend the entire day driving around aside from 911 calls, doing what they call "flexing", which is dynamic deployment, a quack science built on loose predictors of where the next event will be, which is typically incorrect. Multiply that by 48 vehicles in calgary, all consuming 30L/100km, and you have startling hypocrisy from up above. This is also consistent with other aspects of healthcare, when there is a centralization of services, which does have its advantages, but also comes with a steep price of having to move patients from other towns (via aircraft, ground, etc), does it really increase efficiency?

Anyhow, #### the carbon tax
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aleks For This Useful Post: