View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #67
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
No government is repealing our PST without replacing it with something else. Unless oil is $100 per barrel we can't cut taxes. We will still need to cut services to balance the budget. Anyone running on a populist campaign to kill the tax without replacing the revenues or cut the equivalent amount of expenses should not get anyone's vote.
Oh I am all for proper taxation based on services the public wants. If that means a PST or the like then I am fine with it. What I am against is the implementation of this tax. I still have no clue where and how it is being spent. Should be very clear how this is being collected and allocated to diversify the economy.

Can that be answered? To date I haven't seen the plan. Just give is money and trust us... sorry but that should not be rewarded.

Also are we good with everything this government spends money on? Like canceling power contracts? Like retaining union laundry staff when cheaper options are available? If I am being asked to pony up more fine, but show me the bill. Show me how this will make my life better. Not just handed in salary to some environmental nutcase to sit in a government oil panel and spout hate against my province.

Ya a new government may replace it with something else, but my hope is it will be done in a much better way.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post: