View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:55 AM   #291
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw R1 last night...much better. I freakin hated TFA, I was so disappointed with it that I didn't even care if I saw R1 or not, the gf wanted to see it. So happy they took a darker approach with R1, TFA was so cheesy and a kid's movie basically. I expected the same out of R1 so I was pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case. I loved the vastness of the locations used, really made the universe feel huge. The varied locations used reminded me of GoT or something, I loved it.

I also had no idea it was a prequel! I was so confused at first. I feel like that should've come out before TFA, I wonder why they did it the other way around. Either way I enjoyed it though, I'm glad they finally moved forward with new characters, TFA was just pure fan service. That scene with Vader at the end was so cool, I love how R1 ends the exact minute ANH begins. Makes me want to watch the original movie again today now.

Basically TFA killed my interest in new SW going forward, and R1 just brought it back.

Last edited by Sainters7; 12-31-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote