View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 11:54 PM   #25
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This would only make sense if we can convince the rest of North America to go along with it. Otherwise, it would actually be worse than what we do now.

It's bad enough trying to deal with people in Ontario who don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of a 2 hour time difference, no matter how many times you explain it. It would be a nightmare if it was a two-hour difference sometimes and three-hours other times.

Also, if you have any dealings with anyone outside of Alberta, you still have to adjust your personal schedule when the rest of the world switches anyway. If your job requires you to be available from 9-5 Eastern time, you're switching your clock even if you're not switching your clock.

Even something as simple as watching a hockey game ... Is that 7:00pm Eastern game at 4 or 5 or 6 in Calgary?

I worked in Lloydminster for a couple of years, and on more than one occasion, I had co-workers show up late for a meeting with a customer in Saskatchewan because they forgot about the (non)time change. Lloyd itself stays in-sync with Alberta, but that only extends a few km outside the city. Luckily, I didn't have any customers that far into Saskatchewan, but other people weren't so lucky.