Thread: Golf in Phoenix
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #14
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be honest, there isn't much good golf in around Glendale. You're likely going to have to make a trek to get to anywhere good. You're also going to be paying through the nose right now. You're probably at the 2nd most expensive green fee period in Arizona. Some really good suggestions so far. Based on where you are I'd recommend the following.

Wickenburg Ranch Golf Club (1.25 hr) - A new gem I just recently discovered myself. Out in Wickenburg, but a truly spectacular round of golf awaits. A real treat.
Los Caballeros Golf Club (1.1 hr) - Haven't played this in a while, but a course that was incredible a few years ago.
Verrado Golf Club (35 min) - A course way out on the west end, but one of those course you come off of and want to head right back out and play it again.
Legacy Golf Resort (20 min) - This is a standard play for anyone coming to Phoenix. Great golf in the middle of town with conditions that never disappoint.
The Raven (20 min) - Right across 32nd from Legacy a very cool course with the flavor of the Carolinas.
ASU Karsten (30 min) - Play it before it gets buried. Future home of the new Coyotes arena.
Legend Trail Golf Club (55 min) - the least expensive of the top Scottsdale courses.
Whirlwind Golf Club (45 min) - 36 holes of great golf out on reservation land. I prefer Devil's Claw, but Cattail is damn good too.
Southern Dunes Golf Club (1 hr) - One of the top courses in Arizona. Tons of bunkers. Must play.
Gold Canyon Golf Resort (1 hr) - 36 holes. Dinosaur Mountain is spectacular, but Sidewinder is arguably the better course. Dino is probably the best all around course in the state. Calgary owned as well.
Quintero Golf Club (50 min) - Another great course, but bitchin' tough. Bring extra balls, especially if windy.
Eagle Mountain (45 min) - One of my favorites. A great track with a lot of spectacular views.
Any questions about each, ask away.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: