View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #137
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thanks for typing that out Hack&Lube. I guess I neglected to say why I want to upgrade things. The issue I thought I had fixed with the amp has returned - I randomly have one speaker that cuts in and out, will drop and increase in volume, and can sound scratchy at times (like a dirty pot would cause). Believe it or not I'm an audio engineer by trade - I just don't happen to have any experience with home theatre components, and my specialty doesn't really lend to much knowledge for setting up a good system.

I know the records I have can sound much better than they do currently and I want to bring that out. After I posted last night I started looking for rock speakers and found some by Klipsch that look amazing. They also are priced that way haha! I think that's where I'll start looking to find deals - with an amp to follow and a new turntable eventually. I guess my table is fine, I just know the reviews aren't the greatest for that particular model, so I want to make sure everything in the chain lends itself to reproducing a good sound.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote