View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #220
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
It's long been my view that Canada needs to get the backs involved more and show some creativity and more "running rugby" in general. According to the stats here, the reason that the All Blacks are so dominant is because they dominant in exactly that area. Anyway...great article.

Whenever I watch Canada play I am continually struck by the forwards' inability to:

> break the gain line and create a defense that has to react from the "back" foot. Defenses that face Canada, have the ability to be step up into defense or at least remain in the same spot.

> support each other, which results in quick ball.

Until, Canadian forwards can do these two points on a consistent basis, there will be no creative or running rugby. The Backs simply have no room. The forward lines are easy to defend and the forwards are generally isolated which slows the ball or results in turnovers. The old saying in rugby (which is true) Forwards win games, Backs decide by how much. Until, Canada sorts out their forward play they will not win, and they will not play running creative rugby. I think the coaches see the same thing, as Jamie Cudmore has been called back for the match against Manu Samoa.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 11-21-2016 at 11:02 AM.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote