Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Barrett for me.
Called it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Would go, basically for sure. RWC is just so awesome and Ireland would be such a great host!

Canada dropped a 21-16 decision to Romania today. People here are upset about the last goal in the Flames game but that officiating was brilliant compared to what Canada experienced today. Romania was constantly laying on the ball, way offside and blatantly coming from offside positions to the ruck. It was just atrocious. Canada did put up a late charge and did have a better second half in general, but I really think that the ref influenced this one significantly.

Don't get me wrong; Canada didn't do themselves any favours with poor handling and issues like that in this one. But it was a close game and the Romanians tying up the ball and not allowing Canada to recycle it quickly made that worse.
It is frustrating to see Canada continuing to tread water while other teams have drastically improved in the past few years.

While Canada was once again struggling against Romania, Italy beat the Springboks for the first time ever and Japan only lost by 3 to Wales.