View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 10:57 AM   #232
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
The reason everyone is against it is that it wouldn't add anything to the story. It would also ignore at least ~30 years of development of the hosts and park as the park appears to be exactly the same in both proposed time lines. It'd mean they've been doing the same narrative for all of that time too as Delores ran into MIB and William while doing the exact same loop.

I have referenced a few times that the timeline theory was pointless based on what we've seen so far but if William helps the hosts rebel and is then betrayed by Delores it could explain the MIBs attitude and villainous nature in the future.

EDIT: Just to add, I think there is definitely a connection, which is obvious beyond just Delores. I just don't know that it is the timeline thing. There are a number of wrinkles as to why it may not fit and like I said, right now it wouldn't add much beyond shock value.

There are a ton of sources out there running with the theory but here's a quick one that gives for and against. Minor spoiler for next week's episode based on the preview.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0390e69d040a5

That still isn't a very good twist without more context and a better understanding of how it fits into the bigger story but it is a start. It isn't as totally pointless as it would have been when it was first suggested.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-31-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote