View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #131
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesPuck12 View Post
Damn, that's insane. Really nice pieces.

I looked at your PCPartPicker link and saw that it was close to my price and thought where I went wrong :P

Turns out you were missing your $800 GPU on the list.

Just curious though, why did you end up getting 1.5 TB of SSD? Did you need the disk space? Otherwise, Samsung 950 Pro would've looked real nice with the rest of your components (or Samsung 960 Pro if you were willing to wait a couple more weeks).
Yeah, I bought the GTX 1080 outside of this whole project. I'll add it PC Part Picker list to give a better indication of what I paid.

To answer your other question...do I need the disk space? Yes and no. I got the 512 for the OS and any applications (Office, accounting software, etc.). It's probably far too large for its purpose but I figured I might as well.

The extra 1 TB is interesting. I have a lot of games across Steam, Origin, UPlay, GoG. I wanted to be able to install them all. I'll never play them but I like to know that I have them installed. It's a weird thing but I just love collecting, installing, and never playing. The 1 TB drive allows me to fulfil my weird urge.

Edit: I've updated the PC Part-picker List: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/g7CBvV

The only thing left is a better monitor (I bought the one listed for my parents). It sounds like Samsung might be releasing a GSync monitor next week. I'm looking at something at the 36" size. Right now I've got a BenQ 32". I saw the Predator 34" at Memory Express and while I liked the width I didn't like the smaller height (compared to my current monitor).

Last edited by Meelapo; 10-21-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote