View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #139
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I'm definitely trying to tone down the wild conspiracy theories.

I'm happy just watching the show to enjoy the story and to enjoy the themes of what it means to be human, right and wrong, entertainment/violence etc.

That's not to say I'm not interested in the maze or Delores overwriting her programming etc. but I really felt like True Detective, a character driven story, got insanely overhyped with the yellow king theories and had people disappointed with the finale simply because it didn't solve some grand conspiracy and have a wild, shocking reveal. When I watch it now, which I did not too long ago, it is funny to think how obsessed the internet was with coming up with insane theories of who the killer was and that the cult were basically like the Illuminati or something.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy a lot of the talk in this thread. I just think there's a limit to the wildness of the conspiracy theories before you'll end up building it up way more in your head than the writers ever intended.

I highly doubt they are going to pull a lost and intentionally build up a bunch of hype and legit have no clue how to give any payoff.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: