Old 10-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #134
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Just watched Game 1

Awesome:
Jankowski (Basically turning into a tall Craig Conroy. Could have had three or four points, the first man out on every key draw. Sweet assist on the Shinkaruk goal of course.)

Kylington (His defensive game looks very good. Managing the puck very well, unafraid and uniquely able to make skilled plays, and I don't think he got beat even once all game. Also a sweet penalty killer. Was open a few times on the points where the forwards never found him, otherwise played a very smooth game in that TJ Brodie/Duncan Keith mold. I would like to see him be on PK1 soon.)

Hathaway (Fit in well with Shinkaruk and Jankowski, the details in his game are NHL ready. Drew a penalty too. Would have been nice if he scored a goal, though)

Lomberg (GWG aside, he was just plain noticible. Drew penalties, always pressured, had a few other chances to score. Earning himself an ELC.)

Good:
Pribyl (some fancy moves including one almost-assist. More of a natural centre than a winger IMO but seemed to be 3C or 4C based on icetime)
Culkin (Strong defensively, great sense for jumping into the play)
Mangiapane (great forechecking effort to spring the Frattin (?) goal. Got knocked off the puck a few other times though.)
Poirier (Great at sneaking in on chances, still zero finish)
Shinkaruk (Nice goal, but more of a passenger on his line)
Robak (ATO, always supporting Kylington without dragging him down.)
Frattin (Good signing, always around the puck)

Okay:
Gillies (Wasn't really tested. Rebound control not amazing.)
Morrison (Quiet game. Would be nice if he hit the net offensively. Looks better than last year)
Wotherspoon (Quiet game. Hardly making a case for the NHL IMO.)
Andersson (had some good plays defensively but also looked a bit outmatched at times)
Bollig (Not sure why he got a Second Star TBQH. Made simple enough plays but hardly an impact player)
Hunter Smith (Not an Impact player)
Angeledis (Fit in well. AHL depth but as a 4C a huge upgrade on a guy like Tousignant a couple years ago)
Vey (Looked like a career AHLer to be honest. Not bad but the worst player on his line)

No one was outright bad IMO.
I watched it last night, and I agree on everyone except Morrison, I thought he was the only player that played bad on Stockton (responsible for the first goal because he shot the puck into defender instead of seeing that the lane was gone).

All in all, good game.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: