View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #431
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know to me the bottom line is and I coach and I see it alot and its killing the volunteer movement for sports for coaches and refs and even for players coming out

If your're a middle aged person and as a coach you need to yell and scream and rant and rave at refs, it doesn't make you a good coach, it makes you an idiot, stop coaching.

If you're a young coach learning how to do the job, and you're following the lead of your head coach who yells and screams at kids and referee's, then you should go find a better mentor.

If your a coach and you feel the need to yell at some kid in house league or a kind under the age of 18 who might still be playing the game not because he believes he's going to the big leagues but he loves the game. Congratulations lug nut, you soul killing psycho, please for the love of god stop coaching.

If you as a coach feel the need to confront, or belittle the other volunteers or parents that help our your program, or slam the other coaches in your organization or program. Stop coaching period. In fact stop following sport and maybe go take up something that your better build for like I don't know pro-wrestling.

And finally if after a game, your still a freaking rage monster and you need to yell or scream at kids, parents and especially referees you need professional help.

Look, its rare that some guy that's coaching 12 year old or 13 or 14 year old kids in football or hockey or whatever is going to go on to a coaching career that pays money. So these coaches need to stop emulating coaches who coach professionals who are getting paid to be there.

The bottom line to me, is we're already starting to see the erosion of kids playing sports in organized leagues because there's a group of coaches out there that still coach "The old school", "I should be coaching in the CFL or NHL cause I'm so intense" and they just suck the fun out of the game, and make it impossible on volunteer refs or umpires or whatever.

What's even worse is the erosion of returning players, the kids who get one of two years in and realize that its not fun to have some coach screaming at him or her, or its just stupid and embarressing to see your coach or your dad with a bulging eye ball, pulsing forehead veins and a purple face screaming at some teenager wearing a referees' jersey because "Holy crap he was offside you incompetent %%%%%%% yer screwing my kids"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote