View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #2053
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
More expensive for the driver, more expensive for the rider (I've heard and read plenty of stories where the cost is at least 20% higher, and upwards of 50%. My personal experience tells me about 30% higher on average).

No thanks. Tappcar sucks. It's a marginally better cab company, it's not Uber.
Insurance costs money, water is wet.

The number of cars is bound to increase as the company grows, it is a brand new company and is doing quite well in Edmonton.

I prefer it's service over regular cabs when drivers are available, in my experience the price has always been very comparable to regular cabs, and in some cases noticeably cheaper, it has never been 20% more in my experience but that is just my experience with them. They from speaking to the drivers, they say it is much more profitable than regular cab companies when they are busy, and they receive benefits, pension and aren't stuck with the $2000 deductible on their vehicles which more than one driver claimed the cab companies put on their drivers' insurance policies.

Question, if in your personal experience the average cost was 30% higher, why did/would you continue using the service long enough to have enough data to base that average on?
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote