View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #205
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Sewell is an incredibly smart individual who has completed an accelerated MBA program at McMaster University. That's the reason he would not play outside of Hamilton and Toronto, not because he is a "Mommy's Boy" or whatever BS reasons the yokels over at riderfans are slinging around.

Contrary to popular belief in Saskatchewan, it's probably the lowest desired destination for players in the league. Sure people will go there to play football when that's essentially their only real means to put bread on the table or they want to continue playing the game (and they may even come to love it there), but when there are other options, people aren't just going to uproot and go there all the time. Sewell only has a couple years left, and if he's got some connections and something brewing in the GTA it would make no sense to leave for a couple of years at a lousy CFL salary that he could probably make close to with his MBA. He needs to consider his post-CFL career which will be for the majority of his adult life.

I'm sure the Riders were well aware that Sewell did not want to leave the Golden Horseshoe but thought he would choose football and move anyways. They thought wrong. Rider fans can call Barker shady all they want, but to take personal shots at Sewell is ridiculous....and well the typical Rider fan thing to do. I don't know how they can call out Barker though when their organization just stole and entire coaching staff led by one of the most disloyal coaches to ever grace a CFL sideline.

One thing is clear, you know nothing about Sewell's motivations or what information was known about the situation by the Riders or what information was provided by the Argos.

So really your guess at what happened is no better or worse than any other guess. In fact given the anti everyone bias, often including the stamps, I'm not sure I'd attribute any validity in your guesses.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote