View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #104
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
All you have to do is listen. Music got objectively waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ####tier around 2000ish. Argue the generation thing all you want. It's wrong!!!
The '00s was garbage. Nothing new came out of it. It just seemed like the only evolution that came from the 00's was the commercialization of every genre to make it as consumable as possible. How many truly legendary music icons came out of the 00's?

All I can think of are a couple rappers and pop singers. Eminem? He got his shot in the late 90's but the 00's was his decade. Jay-Z and Kanye although Kanye is doing everything to destroy his career (Still think Graduation was one of the best albums ever, loved almost every song on there). Rihanna and Beyonce are still big but they don't count in my eyes since they don't write their own music. All of the big rock bands that emerged from the 00's seem to be out of the mainstream (coldplay, the killers...etc). I know there was a lot of good that came out then but you have to judge the decade on what was considered pop. Otherwise every decade has amazing music.

Also I'm going to strongly disagree with whoever said that this decade ('10+) has sucked. Top 40 has had a lot of decent alternative music and we saw the emergence of a brand new genre gaining mainstream acceptance. You might not like it but at least there has been some movement forward with Rock and Hip Hop also evolving to include elements of electronic music and we're seeing less commercialized music become pop.

Last edited by polak; 06-03-2016 at 10:41 AM.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote