View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #14
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
They have Bruno, Bebe, Wright and Powell they've been developing so don't need anymore prospects for the time being. The 9th pick will spend a lot of time on the bench too so might as well move it.

Powell has great attitude, he said he's not taking anytime off and going straight to the gym to get better/stronger for next year.

I would like to see a sign and trade DeRozen to LA.
Sign Batum.
This off-season I have no idea what will happen. Last year was pretty much the same, with a lot of small moves. Carroll was a trial, and while I wouldn't say it failed, I didn't think it was as good as expected. As for the three guys mentioned above, do any of them have any potential considering they've been at the end of the bench if anything? Powell looked really smart in limited action but I don't know about the other guys.

As for what I think they should do, when you look at the other teams who are elite, they either have an athletic superstar (ie: Durant and Lebron), or highly intelligent players (ie: Golden State and San Antonio team). Having said this, if the franchise is serious about going for a championship, there are only those two ways (IMO) to get one. If they don't go after Durant this off-season, then they have to build through smart roster signings of ONLY guys who can think quick (and also having good shooting percentages). You look at both GS and OKC, and you have both amazingly intelligent teams. When the game comes down to the last few minutes they think fast, yet make elite non-selfish passes with no panic, when in the Raps situation in crunch time they have one guy (mostly Lowry and DeRozan), who hog the ball and chuck it up with generally a bad or lucky shot. If they somehow sign players who are smart (like Corey Joseph), I think the team can build nicely.

There aren't many elite PG's, so I think by default you have to live with Lowry, so you build around Lowry, Joseph, Valenciunas, and you use everyone else at trade bait. Where the Raps can probably differentiate from other teams is to get a good C. Those are pretty rare nowadays.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote