View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #38
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Alot of good notes in this thread.

If you want your item sold the number one thing to do is price it to sell. Dont knock $50 off your $500 3 year old item. No one will buy it for that.

Price it to sell, then wait, keep re-posting the add or changing the amount slightly and it will sell if its priced well.

I price items at the value I would be willing to drive somewhere to pick up and pay cash for.

The worst as a seller is when you have posted honest pictures and description and negotiated a price and the guy or gal comes and tries to lowball you on site.

I have had that happen 3 times, twice it was at a neutral location and I just told the guy, this is the price, I told you all the flaws/defects etc and sent you pictures via the phone in case you thought they were old pictures. Take it or leave it, I dont need your $150 that bad to be fkd like I am in prison.

The other time a woman came to my house to buy a used central vac hose and brush etc. She knew the model, age, and pictures and wanted 1/2 of what we originally agreed on which wasnt the list price. I told her no and closed the garage door. She knocked on the door and upped her price to 3/4 of what we agreed on and I ranted on her for a while until she left.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote